Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hello, Android Market!



Hello, Android Market!

As noted in my YouTube video series on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and upcoming Google changes, the Android Market website is now open for business!!!  As of February 4th, 2011 you are now able to transmit your Android apps directly to your phone if you log in. "Say what? That's friggin cra-zy!" I agree, but it's smooth as all-get-out!

All you do is click on the link to the Android Market (http://market.android.com), click the "Sign In" link at the upper right corner to sign in with your Google Account and you are there. You can click the "My Market Account" link to view all the Google Apps installed on your Android phone(s), AND you can search for new apps to install OTA (that's Over The Air, for the un-initiated). I installed the "maps 4 twydroid" extension to Tydroid and it installed directly to my Droid Incredible without me even touching the phone.

So if you're one of those amateur Android users who STILL DOES NOT have a Google Account, then get on the ball, and try it out. It'll make ya famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment